Effective June 9, 2023
We generally collect personally identifiable information (as defined in the “Personally Identifiable Information” section below) from you when you register on our Site, subscribe to our newsletter, make a contribution, respond to a survey or fill out a form. Those who register on our site, may edit their information (name, email, mailing address, phone, occupation/employer, and credit card information) by emailing requested changes to the email found at the bottom of this page or, if available, by logging into the website and selecting the update information option.
Personally Identifiable Information
When registering or contributing on the Site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter certain personally identifiable information (or “PII”) that can be used to contact or identify you, or to process a contribution. Computer or device specific PII may also be collected automatically by visiting the Site. PII may include, but is not limited to:
- First and last name
- E-mail address
- Mailing address
- Zip code
- Telephone number, occupation, and/or employer
- Credit card information
- Cookies and “usage data” such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those page, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
You may, however, visit our Site anonymously.
As explained below, we also collect certain non-personal information regarding your use of the Site.
Use of Data
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To complete and report any information related to contributions as required by law
- To administer a survey or other Site feature
- To send periodic emails or text messages following up on the issue you expressed interest in or the transaction you initiated on our Site
Submitting your e-mail address anywhere on the Site may result in your email address being added to our email list. You may receive phone calls, text messages and/or emails that may include organization news, political updates, issue briefs or action alerts, etc. Occasionally, texts or phone calls may be made using autodialers and/or robocalls. By checking the opt-in box on the registration page, you are authorizing us to occasionally call your mobile number, using autodialers and/or robocalls, and/or send occasional text messages, including automated text messages, to the mobile phone number you provided.
Sharing of Personal Information
On occasion, we may also share or sell the PII you provide to us, other than credit card information, with like-minded and/or affiliated organizations, companies, committees, or candidates committed to our principles.
We reserve the right to share your information with trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website or in servicing you. We also release individual information when required to comply with the law, enforce our Site policies, or protect your or others’ rights, property, or safety. By voluntarily providing your information, you are agreeing that we may use that information in the manners described.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may also disclose your PII in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Site
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site
- Protect the personal safety of the users of this Site or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email. Additionally, opt-out options are available for text messages. Please allow us a reasonable period of time in order to satisfy your request, as some communications may already be in process.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Online Tracking/Do no Track
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), in that we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, information and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years of age or older. By checking the applicable box when registering to receive information from us or making a contribution, you represent and warrant that you are 13 years of age or older. If you are a parent and you are aware that your child(ren) has provided us with PII, please contact us.
Additionally, in the event of a material change, we will let you know via email and/or a prominent notice on our Site, prior to the change becoming effective.
This policy was last modified on March 24, 2021.